|"Since when did we have a mirror here?"
This article is about Season 3 episode. You may be looking for location.
The Void is the twelfth episode of Season 3 in The Amazing World of Gumball. It is the eighty-eighth overall.
The episode starts with Gumball and Darwin watching Sarah, Penny, Carmen, Leslie and Teri practice cheerleading on the football field. The girls eventually fall over and then, for no apparent reason, suddenly explode. Later in the school yard Gumball and Darwin talk about how the cheerleaders are missing something. Mr. Small comes over and tells them that strange stuff goes on around the town but he can see it because he has a tinfoil hat on for protection or the world will erase his memory of "The love of his life, Janice". Gumball and Darwin don't believe him, but before they leave, Mr. Small says to be aware of stuff that doesn't make sense and to make a hat. Later Darwin admits that something doesn't seem to be right but then they notice that the locker numbers skip 116 and there's a crack where the lockers supposed to be. They look in the year book and find that someone is missing from the cheerleader team and they soon remember it's Molly, the dinosaur but find out that there friends don't remember her. They then go to look at the crack with Mr. Small with their new protective hats. They then use a pin to take a photo out of the crack that reveals a photo of Molly, Gumball, and Darwin in front of Molly's treehouse. They finally remember who Molly is, and get the idea to go search for her treehouse. As they search, they find a clue just like the locker: The world folded in on Molly's treehouse to hide it's location. Gumball, Darwin and Mr. Small find the place where Molly's treehouse used to be as flat as paper. Then, the photo of them and Molly gets sucked from Gumball's hand into the crack in the "wall". Gumball finds out that the void is in the crack. Then they go in. Upon entering the void they see all of the items and people that were considered mistakes to the world such as laser disc and the mullet. Mr. Small goes on his own to find Janice while Gumball and Darwin go find Molly. The tow find Molly treehouse and find molly inside the treehouse, frozen as if she were a paused VHS tape. After the two tap Molly and she reawakens from her suspended animation, with no memory that she's been gone for a year. they explain everything for her and then, Molly, Gumball and Darwin see that the portal to the real world was beginning to close. Mr. Small finds Janice who is revealed to actually be a van and rode it out of the void and into the real world. Mr. Small, Gumball and Darwin plan on making the void known to the whole wideworld, only for the void to take the tinfoil hats from them and have no memory of there adventure in the void. The three boys suddenly forget the adventure they had, ending the episode.
- Banana Joe
- Yellow Wig
- Principal Brown (Picture)
- Nicole (Head outline)
- Ocho (Yearbook)
- This episode was originally titled "The Hole."
- This is Molly's first and only major role.
- This also counts as Mr. Small's forth major role. The other three were at "The Painting","The Sock", and "The Gripes".
- Although Nicole doesn't appear in this episode, the outline of her head can be seen in the void as Mr. Small is jumping around.
- This is the reason why Molly was absent for season 2.
- Multiple things from previous episodes/scrapped content can be seen in the background of the void:
- Character models from How to Ratatwang Your Panda - they were first seen in "The Treasure."
- Darwin's original CGI design.
- Scrapped concepts for the Watterson's house.
- Rob reappears, although he was also in the void and was never noticed.
- The paperclip is styled after Clippy, the mascot for Microsoft Office Assistant.
- The tinfoil hats worn in the episode are associated with conspiracy theories, due to the belief that the hats prevent mind control by governments, spies, or paranormal beings that make use of extrasensory perception.
- The blimp that caught on fire is a reference to the Hindenburg disaster, where a passenger airship caught fire in a similar manner.
- The frog standing in the way of Mr. Small's van resembles the Crazy Frog.
- While Mr. Small searches for his van, a ventilation tube from the Titanic is seen in the background.
- Gumball and Darwin using hairspray cans to fly through the void is similar to a similar scene from WALL-E where the title character flies through space with a fire extinguisher.
- When Darwin gets mad at Gumball, his eyelashes go missing.
- At the end of the episode, Gumball, Darwin, Mr. Small, and Molly lose their memory of what happened. However, Molly was not wearing a tinfoil hat. It`s unknown if she can remember the adventure she had with the boys or not.
- It`s unknown why Gumball`s head wasn`t streched the second after Darwin pulled Gumball out.