"The Pest" is the seventh episode of Season 4 of The Amazing World of Gumball. It is the 123rd episode overall.
- Football Players
- Miss Simian
- Felicity and Mr. Parham (mentioneds)
- Principal Brown
- This is the seventh time an episode makes references to past episodes. The first seven episodes were "The Finale," "The Fan," "The Name," "The Oracle," "The Nobody," "The Egg," and "The Nemesis".
- This is the second time Gumball tries to go Super Saiyan, the first time being in "The Others." However, he succeeds this time.
- When making fun of Gumball's sweater, Billy says, "2011 called and said to keep it, as it wasn't cool when you started wearing it," which is a reference to the year of the show's premiere.
- Music from "The Signature" is reused.
- Anais spins the same way she did in "The Ape" when the Wattersons were chasing Miss Simian.
- After the football players walk on Gumball, his face looks exactly the same as when he beat himself up in "The Society."
- This is the fourth episode where Gumball has to fight someone against his will. The first three were "The Fight," "The Knights," and "The Sweaters."
- At one point while advising Anais, Gumball goes Super Saiyan.
- When Billy is telling his story, The Aquarium from Camille Saint-Saëns' Carnival of the Animals plays in the background.
- "Elmopedia" is an obvious parody of Wikipedia.
- When Gumball is meditating, he is outside of the white line on the football field. In the next scene, he is in the middle of the field.
- When Gumball runs away from Billy after freeing himself from the rope, Billy's eyebrows are gone.
- For a single frame in Gumball's Super Saiyan transformation, his tail is missing.