|U.S. air date:||March 5, 2015|
|U.K. air date:||August 23, 2015|
|Written by:|| Ben Bocquelet|
|Storyboarded by:||Akis Dimitrakopoulos|
"The Nobody" is the 36th episode of Season 3 of The Amazing World of Gumball. It is the 112th episode overall.
When things go missing in the house, Gumball and Darwin search for the culprit.
Important details about the plot or story are up ahead
The episode begins with Gumball unveiling his newest invention to Darwin, the Entertainernator, which was designed to cater to the short attention spans of kids. As he demonstrates how it works, Nicole bursts into the room with Richard and Anais. They accuse Gumball and Darwin of taking twenty dollars from Nicole's purse, using Richard's toothbrush, and stealing Anais's Daisy the Donkey doll. Gumball and Darwin deny these claims, but they are grounded nonetheless.
Gumball and Darwin then suspect that one of them is responsible for what happened. It becomes that clear that neither of them were responsible, when suddenly Darwin notices that the Entertaininator is gone. They then become suspicious, and go around the house to find a secret passageway. Darwin thinks this idea is stupid, but suddenly discovers a cupboard under the stairs leading to a secret room.
Gumball and Darwin explore the room and eventually find a person in there. The mysterious person screams and runs away, and Gumball and Darwin chase after him. They reach the mall and take condiments from a hot dog stand. Gumball then throws the condiments at the mysterious person and misses multiple times, crashing a car, injuring Tina, and damaging a truck. After which the mysterious man surrenders.
Gumball and Darwin ask him questions and find out that the mysterious man can't remember anything because he is "a nobody." When Gumball and Darwin try to give him another purpose in life, they decide he should be their enemy.
The mysterious man then remembers what happened before all this, and apparently during the episode "The Void," he is Rob trying to get Gumball and Darwin's attention. He secretly leaves the Void with them, and is left unable to remember anything and distorted in the real world.
Rob accepts his role in life, and Gumball and Darwin happily walk away.
- Anais, Nicole and Richard (Begin antagonists)
- Doughnut Sheriff
- Captain Elmore
- Daisy the Donkey
- Jolly Hamburger
- Marvin Finklehimer
- Exercise Bacon
- Carmen's mother
- Banana Joe
- Mr. Small
- Molly (flashback)
- It is revealed that the Wattersons have a basement in their house, even though none of them apparently knew of its existence prior.
- This is Rob's second major role, the first being "The Pony."
- This is the second time Darwin has used his "movie voice." The first time he used it was in the original trailer.
- This is the fourth time an episode makes multiple references to past episodes. The first three episodes were "The Oracle," "The Name," and "The Finale."
- Music from "The Void" and "The Recipe" is reused.
- Janice reappears in this episode. Its first two appearances were in "The Void," and "The Question."
- Dodj or Daar can be seen in the basement, when Gumball's flashlight shines on it.
- The discount chicken purchased by Nicole in "The Fridge" is seen in the fridge when Gumball opens the secret panel.
- Several movies are referenced by Darwin's explanations; "We've been ghosts this whole time" is a reference to Blood Diamond, "The world is a computer simulation" is a reference to Soldier, and "One of us is a figment of the other's imagination" is a reference to The Last Boy Scout.
- The way Gumball and Darwin run while trying to appear less intimidating to Rob is a reference to The Towering Inferno.
- Guile's Theme from Queen - "Bohemian Rhapsody" 1975 is thier album A Night at the Opera played on the Entertaininator.
- When the toy helicopter crashed into Gumball's face, the propeller disappeared just when it touched the ground.
- When Gumball and Darwin walk out the front door, the mailbox is facing the wrong way.
- Harold is seen both in his backyard, and seconds later in the line for hot dogs.
- When Gumball says no villains in the town all ready has many villains of the series.