|U.S. air date:||June 16, 2016|
|U.K. air date:||July 14, 2016|
|International premieres:||Hungary: August 18, 2016|
|Written by:|| Ben Bocquelet|
|Storyboarded by:||Aurelie Charbonnier|
| I'm a Bun
The Moon examines dreams and nightmares of Elmore residents.
The episode begins with the Moon asking the viewer to join him in his observation of dreams of Elmore's citizens.
First we observe Gumball's dream. Gumball dreams that he is falling back to his house from outer space, on the way he hits several objects until he eventually hits the roof on his house. Next the viewer observes Mr. Small's dream. Although he expresses his fascination with dreams, he ends up having a nightmare where he is stuck in a confined space.
The next dreamer is Nicole. In her dream, she is relaxing on a beach. Unfortunately, her dream is disturbed by Richard's loud snoring and when he rolls over on top of her. At the same time, Richard dreams that he is a bun. Then we see Darwin's dream, who simply dreams that he's sleeping in a bigger fishbowl.
Next we observe Larry's dream. He has several dreams with one dream inside each one until he is awoken by Doughnut Sheriff. However, Larry is under the impression that he is still dreaming and starts behaving bizarrely, disrespecting the police in the process which lands him in jail.
Next we observe the dreams of several of Gumball's classmates. Beginning with Hector, who dreams that he is no longer colossal. Overjoyed, he starts doing all sorts of things he never could due to his massive size. While he's dreaming, however, he sleepwalks and inadvertently wrecks havoc on Elmore. Then we cut to Carrie's dream, who is having a nightmare that she is stuck in a colorful land of joy. At the same time, Teri is also having a nightmare where she is naked at school. Next is Juke's dream, where he was able to talk again, but when he talks to Gumball and Darwin, the nightmare begins when Gumball uses his mouth as a trumpet and Darwin using his teeth like piano keys. Then more of Juke's friends act like musical instruments, and Juke screams in horror.
Back to the Wattersons, we observe what appears to be Anais' dream. However, in that dream Daisy the Donkey is alive and Anais is her doll. Daisy sadistically tortures Anais. Then it is revealed that this was actually Daisy's dream.
We then see Sussie's dream. Where she breaks the fourth wall as she is revealed to be Aurelie Charbonnier's chin (who does her motion capture in the show) and panics.
The last dream is Alan's. Who has quite a disturbing scary dream but it does not seem to bother him at all.
The moon then brings the episode to a close, facing some complaints from the citizens in the meantime, and disappears at daybreak.
- Mr. Small
- Banana Joe
- Daisy the Donkey
- Mr. Robinson
- Mrs. Robinson
- Sal Left Thumb
- Traffic lights
- Neck Beard
- Cupcake Woman
- Principal Brown
- Spoons and forks
- Mrs. Jötunheim
- Doughnut Sheriff
- Green Bear
- Crocodile Woman
- Miss Simian
- Mrs. Pumpernickel
- Sussie's nightmare breaks the fourth wall since the studio, some of the staff, and Aurelie Charbonnier herself (who provides the motion capture of Sussie with her chin) are seen.
- Larry also breaks the fourth wall when trying to wake up from his "dream" by mentioning the pixie dust transition seen throughout the episode.
- This is the second episode to be narrated by Sir Derek Jacobi, the first being "The Lie."
- This is The Moon's second major role. His first major role was in "The Love."
- Mr. Small's fear of enclosed spaces is shown again due to the events of "The Sock" and "The Finale."
- The footage of Jessica and Dexter being used for balloon animals in "The Saint" is reused.
- The footage of the two clowns in "The Signal" is reused.
- The apocalyptic background featured in "The Countdown" can be seen in one of Larry's dreams.
- This is Juke's second speaking role in this episode. The first was "The Boombox".
- Sarah's "How to Draw Superheroes" book from "The Comic" reappears in this episode.
- This is the first time the Robinsons become Super Saiyans, besides Gumball's Super Saiyan fail attempt in "The Others" and his successful attempt in "The Pest."
- The scene where Larry's mouth is sealed is a reference to the film The Matrix, where Neo's mouth is sealed while being interrogated.
- This can also be a reference to the rapid skin growth toxin from Fringe.
- When Larry messes with the Doughnut Sheriff, the music resembles the "Cantina Band" track from Star Wars.
- Hector's T-Shirt looks like a wolf face from a Soviet & Russian Animated TV Series: "Nu, Pogodi!".
- The character on Hector's shirt also looks strikingly similar to Pluto.
- The Robinsons became Super Saiyans in their dreams fighting against each other.
- When each Elmore citizens has a dream of their own is similar from the Teen Titans Go! episode "Dreams".
- Teri was supposed to be naked in her dream, but she appears to be wearing undergarments behind the pixelated censor.