|U.S. air date:||September 5, 2016|
|U.K. air date:||November 11, 2016|
|International premieres:|| Poland: August 25, 2016|
Netherlands & Belgium: September 2nd, 2016
Germany: September 8, 2016
Hungary: September 21, 2016
|Written by:|| Ben Bocquelet|
|Storyboarded by:|| Adrian Maganza|
"The Disaster" is the fortieth and final episode of Season 4 of The Amazing World of Gumball. It is the 156th episode overall.
The Wattersons are in their car driving to the Elmore Mall. Nicole realizes that her kids are silent so she starts singing a rhyme. Richard, Anais, and Darwin join in, leaving Gumball as the odd one out. When it gets to Gumball, Anais pokes him, and then he sings that he's going to buy some donkey drool. Nicole and the rest keep singing, and then their song's 1st verse ends.
The camera cuts to Rob next to a van in the Mall parking space. What seems to be a narrator saying that there is a ,"power" only a fool would not fear. The, "narrator" appears to be a black being that doesn't show his face. Rob gets out of the van and appears with a remote and says he's going to use it for TVs, DVD players, and vengeance. The being says that it can't be used for evil and grabs it. Rob jerks it away and powers on the van and it begins spazzing out. Rob realizes that the remote is universal and it is capable of pretty much anything. Rob then tries to hijack the ATM by pressing Eject any money spits out. He then starts a sprinkler literally, "making it rain." He then starts switching the sun and the moon from day to night. He then wonders what else he can do, but hits rewind sending him back to the flashback scene of "The Nobody" While doing that he sends himself through the scene with the Wattersons, the title card, the intro, and the "Coming Up Next" screen. Rob is then in the void, gets out, and realizes that it was Gumball who made him, evil, made him have a broken body, and gave him his new voice. He changes his voice and swears vengeance against Gumball. After fast forwarding he says that Gumball will pay. The black being also says that Rob will pay as the remote was $12.99.
We cut back to The Wattersons looking for a parking space and singing as well. After they're done, Gumball "breaks it down" and starts beatboxing with the window. After Nicole tells him to stop, Rob sees them and ducks behind a nearby car. When the family gets close Rob pauses them, and starts all the nearby cars. He says he'll destroy him and everyone he loves. After Rob unpauses, the cars start driving forward and wrecks the car. Nicole blames it all on Gumball for fooling with the window, when he didn't do it. Nicole starts yelling at him and doesn't know what to say, so she starts making sounds.
We cut to Gumball and Darwin at Laser Video seeing what games they can buy. Gumball sya they still have $2, so they can buy something from the discount bin. Darwin pulls out a game called, "Extreme Tractor Racing" and reads the back, saying a cheat code in which the player goes left, forward, forward, right, forward, back to the store where you bought it and ask for a refund. They pull out more games and Rob appears, says for Gumball to prepare for Gumball to lose his brother, and turns on subtitles. Subtitles appear under Gumball saying that if they hadn't adopted him, they would have enough money. Darwin reads the subtitles and gets offended. More insulting subtitles appear and Darwin runs off. Gumball runs after him and runs into Hot Dog Guy Lookalike, thinking he is Darwin.
Gumball finds Nicole, Richard, and Anais, and when he finds them he bursts into tears.
- Cyclops Dog
- Van Shopkeeper
- Exercise Bacon
- Shape People
- Miss Simian
- Principal Brown
- Mr. Robinson
- Mr. Small
- Banana Joe
- Hot Dog Guy Lookalike
- Oval people
- Crocodile Woman
- Neck Beard
- Green Guy
- Hot Dog Guy
- Mr. Pepperoni
- Melted Cheese Guy
- Green Bear
- Carmen's father
- This episode is Rob's fourth major role in the series. The first three were in "The Nobody," "The Nemesis," and "The Bus."
- This is the third time the Void appears. The first two were "The Void" and "The Nobody."
- In this episode there are multiple cases of breaking the fourth wall:
- The song which the Wattersons sing in the car has the same tune as the ending theme music.
- When Rob uses his remote to turn back time he rewinds through episode's title card, intro, the U.K. version of the Cartoon Network Check-It 3.0 Up Next bumper, and the end credits.
- Darwin is able to read the subtitles below Gumball's head.
- When Rob changes the language while Gumball is talking to Penny, she realizes the language is different.
- Rob changes resolution and contrast of episode's image which is visible when watching it on TV.
- When Gumball is falling into the Void, the other side of the portal (which in fact is a TV screen) shows the end credits scrolling with the ending theme playing.
- The Awesome Store from "The Puppy" and "The Origins" reappears.
- Rob lands into the episode "The Nobody" to remember his experience in it.
- This is the fifth time Gumball accidentally kisses someone. The others were in "The Pressure," "The Kiss" (twice) and "The Storm."
- The universal remote is reminisent of the one from Click.