Rob is a minor character(soon the main antagonist) in The Amazing World of Gumball. He is a student at Elmore Junior High, and was first seen in a poster of the show posted online.
Rob is a cyclops with a very slim blue body. He has a single large eye located in the center of his face with a pink iris. He has extremely long, skinny limbs, pink hands, and an over-sized head. His body is very thin, and is covered by a pair of red shorts, a yellow T-shirt and a brown backpack. He has medium-length brown hair, which slightly covers his eye.
After his escape from the Void, he becomes disfigured due to the Void attempting to pull him in as he clung on to Janice. His head and shoes are now much more polygonal, and parts of his face periodically display distorted static. The left half of his head is now bare, and the hair that remains has also become polygonal in shape and solid brown in color. His skin tone has changed from blue to white, and his left foot as been reduced to wire-frame. His other foot and right hand have changed color to black. He wears the same yellow shirt and red shorts, though the sleeves of his shirt are missing.
Rob is a friendly, sociable person who will say hi to anyone, and will help people he knows if he happens upon them. He does, however, get deeply offended when someone forgets his name. When one of his friends forgets his name, he scolds them, and will even hinder their progress if he can. Two examples of such friends are Gumball and Darwin, who usually mistakenly call him Rich. This is shown twice in "The Pony" - the first time, he blocks their progress and scolds them, and the second time, he denies them the DVD they were chasing.
After his escape from the Void, he loses his memory for a while and lives in the basement of the Wattersons' house. During this time, he keeps a low profile, discreetly stealing food and other trinkets from his unwitting hosts. One day however, he steals a bit too much, causing Gumball and Darwin to become suspicious. They eventually track him down, and after cornering him, they force him to explain his actions. The boys suggest he become their arch-nemesis - a suggestion that triggers his memory. He recounts how he begged the boys for help as they passed him in the void, and how they ignored him and went for Molly. His villainous backstory set, he swears vengeance on the boys and agrees to become their arch-nemesis.Rob later became a major threat,with his one goal being to destroy Gumball and everyone he loves.
- "The Party"
- "The Genius"
- "The Fight"
- "The Pony" (First Speaking)
- "The Void"
- "The Nobody"
- "The Uploads"
- Rob made a cameo on the computer in "The Genius," and it shows that his friends are (in order) Teri, Alan, Leslie and Carmen, also, it shows him wearing a mustang mask in the desert on Fessebook. This same page reappears in "The Internet."
- Technically, Rob, Bobert and Banana Bob have the same name, since they are both shortened forms of the name Robert.
- Originally for Season 1, Rob was animated with CGI. In Season 2, he was changed to a 2D animated character, probably to make him easier to animate. In "The Nobody," he is back to being animated in CGI. This makes him and Blitzer the only characters to be animated in both 2D and CGI.
- He got his first major role in the episode "The Nobody," where he is shown to have escaped the Void.
- It's unknown if Rob will keep Dave Warner's evil voice in future episodes or not.
- Rob`s voice can be changed with a TV remote (as seen in an episode where Gumball and Darwin mute Rob and also turn him english to make him sound evil.)