Penny Fitzgerald is a supporting character in The Amazing World of Gumball. She is a shape-shifting fairy who's boyfriend is Gumball. She likes The Creatures.
She changes according to her emotions, but her main form is a fairy with antlers. She likes Rachel.
Alan • Anais Watterson • Anton • Hot Dog Guy • Idaho • Jamie • Juke • Banana Joe • Bobert • Carmen • Carrie • Leslie • Masami • Molly Collins • Mushroom • Clayton • Darwin Watterson • Dog • Sarah • Ocho • Penny Fitzgerald • Rob • Sussie • Fuzzball • The Green Bear • Gumball Watterson • Hector • Teri • Tina Rex • Tobias Wilson • William
From Season 1 to Season 3, Penny was an anthropomorphic peanut.
Like the rest of her family, she had a set of antlers that grow out of her head. In Season 3, the episode "The Shell" revealed that Penny underneath her shell is a shape-shifting, fairy-like creature. She can transform into any animal, and every time, the animal has a set of antlers.
Penny does not normally wear much clothing, aside from a pair of orange sneakers with white knee socks and some red and white wristbands. However, she is often seen carrying white pom-poms. Penny is very nice and friendly. She sticks up for her friends often, implying she has a strong sense of integrity.
She also seems to be athletic, as she is an excellent cheerleader, and was/is part of the synchronized swimming club. Also, in "The Dress," she was one of the first people to finish running around the track.
- She has the most major roles of any character that is not a Watterson, with ten.
- Early in her development, she had darker antlers.
- In "The Flower", it is revealed that Leslie is her cousin.
- Penny is allergic to blueberries, as revealed in The Dream.
- In The Shell, it is revealed that she is a fairy.
- When out of her shell, Penny can transform into any creature depending on her emotions.
- Penny is voiced by Teresa Gallagher.
- She is one of the few characters to undergo a permanent change in the show, the other was Rob.
- She is currently on the school's cheerleading team (being the most talented of them, though that's not saying much).
- Although she only can shape-shift depending on her emotions as stated in "The Romantic," she shape-shifts into her wolf form in "The Blame" even though she didn't feel emotional at all.
- However, she is often seen carrying white pom-poms in season one.