The Doughnut Sheriff is, as his name suggests, a giant, pink doughnut. Since he is a police officer, he wears an officer's hat, a badge, and a blue policeman's uniform.
Since he's a doughnut, there is a large hole in the middle of his body, which has some large, flat teeth resembling popsicle sticks sticking out, and functions as his mouth. Strangely, he has pronounced eyelashes, which are usually used on female characters; despite this, he is indeed a male character.
The Doughnut Sheriff doesn't seem to be a very capable police officer, since he's extremely oblivious towards actual criminal activity, and usually doesn't notice when something isn't right.
He also does not seem to realize that his mouth crosses through his body. Anything he throws into his mouth ends up on the ground behind him. Because of this, he is always hungry. His favorite food seems to be doughnuts, which is ironic because he himself is a doughnut.
- "The Third": He appears for a brief moment, measuring Gumball's speed with his speed check.
- "The Spoon": He visits the gas station, and arrests Nicole, thinking she was robbing it.
- "The Ghost": He is attacked by Gumball (possessed by Carrie), who takes a large bite out of him.
- "The Sock": He almost arrests Gumball and Darwin.
- "The Car": He keeps refusing to arrest Gumball and Darwin, and tries to calm the Robinsons, but almost gets attacked by their rage, and arrests the Robinsons for vandalism/assault.
- "The Knights": He writes a ticket for Mr. Fitzgerald when he accidentally crashes into his police car.
- "The Colossus": He appears next to his police car when Hector crushes it.
- "Halloween": He thinks Larry is a criminal because of the drawing on his face that Gumball and Darwin made.
- "The Flakers": He almost arrests Nicole.
- "The Sidekick": He's in the police car looking for a peanut.
- "The Tag": He puts Richard and Mr. Robinson under house arrest.
- "The Game": He gets pranked by Richard.
- "The Castle": He is one of the guests at the Watterson's house. He denies Gumball's call to intervene the out-of-control party inside.
- "The Internet": He was tricked by the Internet into attempting to arrest Gumball and Darwin.
- "The Finale": He briefly appears at the door of a jail cell where the Wattersons are held.
- "The Kids": He approaches Gumball and Darwin, who are loitering during a song montage.
- "The Name": He's chasing down the Wattersons for driving too fast.
- "The Law": His first major role. Gumball and Darwin pretty much manipulate him to break the law.
- "The Burden": He appears searching Elmore Junior High with Principal Brown and Miss Simian.
- "The Butterfly
- The Friend
- The Oracle
- The Spoiler
- "The Downer
- He is armed with what appears to be a stun gun.
- His animation style closely resembles claymation.
- His appearance and job are a reference to the stereotype that policemen frequently eat doughnuts on the job.
- In "The Ghost," it is shown that he is edible, since Carrie (in Gumball's body) took a bite out of him.
- "The Law" is his first major role.
- Even though he himself is a doughnut, he can be seen craving for doughnuts in "The Spoon."
- In the episode "The Law," he was fired for misuse of his police siren, unlawful discharge of his weapon, baby bashing, assault with a motorized vehicle, grand theft auto, and absolute disregard for traffic regulations. Later in the episode, he was re-hired by the commissioner Chicken Bucket.